This is the little party treat that will make a big splash at your next gathering.
There are so many different ways to entertain guests: with mixed drinks, fun appetizers, and tasty finger snacks. This idea is an instant party all by itself: champagne jello shots.
When I first tasted these at a friend’s party a few years back, I was genuinely surprised. The taste is just like a little shot of champagne, with a touch of sweetness that will make just about anyone at your party smile. They’re so light and pretty. And, they’re incredibly easy to make.
- 2½ cups of champagne separated. In my video where I go through the recipe, I used Gruet Brut Rose. I recommend a sweeter variety. Dry champagne may be my preferred beverage but not for jello shots – it will be just too dry.
- 3 envelopes, Knox Gelatin
- 3 tablespoons, granulated sugar
- Silicone chocolate or candy molds or you can pour it into a loaf pan and cut it into squares
- Decorative sugar or edible glitter.
- Carefully whisk 3 envelopes of Knox Gelatin into 1½ cups of champagne. Follow the instructions on the carton—sprinkle in the powdered gelatin very slowly, mix thoroughly and don’t let the mix clump up.
- After you’ve mixed the gelatin in the champagne, let it sit to bloom. This is the process of softening the gelatin before melting it so that the end result is a smooth texture in your finished product.
- Pour 1 cup of champagne into pot and heat, then gently whisk in the champagne-gelatin mixture.
- Bring the mix to a boil then remove from heat. Completely move the pot off the burner.
- Add 3 tablespoons of regular granulated sugar and whisk in. Continue to whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In my video, I pour the mix into silicone molds. You can use a baking pan or any other shape you want. Make sure that you have lightly sprayed the inside of the mold with cooking spray to help release the jello.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until the jello becomes firm. Refrigerating longer is OK.
- Carefully run a sharp knife along the edge of the molds and then invert to unmold.
- Just before your guests arrive sprinkle the ‘shots’ with colored edible glitter or colored sugar to decorate and add a little more sweetness.
Now you have an instant hit for your party! Enjoy.